If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: “Nonpareils,” which translates from French to “incomparables,” not only look sweet, but they’re also simple to make. Did I mention they’re also quite impressive when accompanied by a nonchalant tag that says “homemade”?
Seriously, that chocolate bar at the back of your pantry? It has “nonpareils” written all over it. And you’ll never even think of giving a gift of Smarties ever again. —Scarlett
grams finest dark chocolate (I used Lindt Crémant Noir 49%)
tablespoon coconut oil
Multicolored sprinkles, to your heart’s content
- Draw nickle-sized circles on a sheet of parchment paper and flip the paper over.
- Break the chocolate into pieces, then melt it with the coconut oil in a bain-marie (hot water bath).
- Transfer it to a piping bag with a small, round nozzle or put it in a disposable bag and snip the corner.
- Draw circles with the melted chocolate, filling in the circles you drew earlier from the inside out in a circular motion.
- Let cool and harden for a minute or two, then cover in sprinkles.
- Chill in a cool place, then carefully remove the buttons from the parchment. Serve with tea.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!