Author Notes: “Nonpareils,” which translates from French to “incomparables,” not only look sweet, but they’re also simple to make. Did I mention they’re also quite impressive when accompanied by a nonchalant tag that says “homemade”?
Seriously, that chocolate bar at the back of your pantry? It has “nonpareils” written all over it. And you’ll never even think of giving a gift of Smarties ever again. —Scarlett
grams finest dark chocolate (I used Lindt Crémant Noir 49%)
tablespoon coconut oil
Multicolored sprinkles, to your heart’s content
- Draw nickle-sized circles on a sheet of parchment paper and flip the paper over.
- Break the chocolate into pieces, then melt it with the coconut oil in a bain-marie (hot water bath).
- Transfer it to a piping bag with a small, round nozzle or put it in a disposable bag and snip the corner.
- Draw circles with the melted chocolate, filling in the circles you drew earlier from the inside out in a circular motion.
- Let cool and harden for a minute or two, then cover in sprinkles.
- Chill in a cool place, then carefully remove the buttons from the parchment. Serve with tea.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!