Author Notes: This Queso Fundido will be gone in seconds! The perfect combination of cheddar cheese, chorizo, beer, onion, garlic & jalapeños. —Holly
ounces diced dried chorizo
ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
ounces shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
large onion, chopped finely
cloves garlic, minced
jalapeños finely diced (seeds and membranes removed)
In This Recipe
- Cook the chorizo in a medium oven proof skillet for 5 minutes. Remove the meat from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Leave 2 tablespoons of the oil from the meat in the pan and discard the rest.
- Reduce the heat to medium and sauté the onions, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the Jalapeños and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and let cook for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the beer and bring to a boil.
- Add the cheeses and reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring continuously, until the cheese fully melts, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chorizo
- Turn the broiler on and cook the queso for 1-2 minutes. Letting the top get slightly golden and the cheese bubbly. (You can skip this step and serve the dip warm if preferred.)
- Serve warm with chips or tortillas.