Author Notes: This Queso Fundido will be gone in seconds! The perfect combination of cheddar cheese, chorizo, beer, onion, garlic & jalapeños. —Holly
ounces diced dried chorizo
ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
ounces shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
large onion, chopped finely
cloves garlic, minced
jalapeños finely diced (seeds and membranes removed)
- Cook the chorizo in a medium oven proof skillet for 5 minutes. Remove the meat from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Leave 2 tablespoons of the oil from the meat in the pan and discard the rest.
- Reduce the heat to medium and sauté the onions, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the Jalapeños and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and let cook for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the beer and bring to a boil.
- Add the cheeses and reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring continuously, until the cheese fully melts, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chorizo
- Turn the broiler on and cook the queso for 1-2 minutes. Letting the top get slightly golden and the cheese bubbly. (You can skip this step and serve the dip warm if preferred.)
- Serve warm with chips or tortillas.