If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Queso Fundido will be gone in seconds! The perfect combination of cheddar cheese, chorizo, beer, onion, garlic & jalapeños. —Holly
- 6 ounces diced dried chorizo
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 ounces shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 large onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeños finely diced (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup beer
- Cook the chorizo in a medium oven proof skillet for 5 minutes. Remove the meat from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside. Leave 2 tablespoons of the oil from the meat in the pan and discard the rest.
- Reduce the heat to medium and sauté the onions, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add the Jalapeños and continue to cook for 3 more minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and let cook for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour in the beer and bring to a boil.
- Add the cheeses and reduce the heat to low. Cook, stirring continuously, until the cheese fully melts, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the chorizo
- Turn the broiler on and cook the queso for 1-2 minutes. Letting the top get slightly golden and the cheese bubbly. (You can skip this step and serve the dip warm if preferred.)
- Serve warm with chips or tortillas.