If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a delicious and very simple recipe that I have for many years. Everyone who has tried it asks for the recipe. Try it and let me know your thoughts. (The number of servings is a wild guess, sorry!) —MrsK
- 3-4 pounds pork roast, Boston butt, or pork shoulder
- 3/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce (Famous Dave's is my favorite)
- Place pork in a large crock pot (5 quart or bigger). Sprinkle liberally with salt and pepper. Pour the vinegar over it. Cook on LOW for 10 hours.
- Let pork cool down and shred it, using two forks or your hands. Add barbecue sauce to shredded pork. (I discard all the liquid from the crock, but if you need you can add a little bit of it to the pork if it is too dry.) You can also keep part of the pork not shredded for other uses; it is delicious even without the barbecue sauce.