If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A spicy Korean-style stew with a delicious surprise: BACON
—Sarah | Wisconsin from Scratch
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into pieces
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce + more to taste
- 1 tablespoon Gochujang
- 1 teaspoon Gochugaru or to taste
- 1 cup Kimchi, squeezed and chopped + 1/4 cup kimchi liquid
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 6 ounces tofu, cut into large cubes
- thinly sliced scallions & sesame seeds for garnish
- In a medium pot, cook the bacon pieces over medium heat until beginning to crisp. Add the onion, garlic, and ginger, and cook until beginning to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, gochujang, gochugaru, and kimchi and cook another 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add kimchi juice and water and simmer 20-30 minutes. Season to taste with additional soy sauce if needed.
- Add tofu and cook until warmed through, about 3-4 minutes more. Ladle soup into bowls and serve topped with scallions and sesame seeds.