If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious, healthy alternative to the store bought variety with no sugar. —Karrie / Tasty Ever After
Makes 1 pound
- 1 pound freshly ground pork, turkey, beef, or chicken
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rubbed dried sage
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more if you like it spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- teaspoons kosher salt
- teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- Combine ground meat and all other ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well until seasonings are distributed throughout the meat (I use my hands). Use immediately or cover and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour to allow the flavors to mingle.
- When ready to use, can shape into patties or leave in bulk form to use in other recipes.
- To cook, place skillet over medium heat (may need to add a little oil if using a lean protein). Once skillet is hot, place sausage in pan and cook until lightly brown and thoroughly cooked.
- **To freeze sausage patties, put a piece of cut wax or parchment paper in between each patty, then place them in a freezer bag. Can be frozen for up to 2 months.