If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: More like a semifreddo than ice cream, this old fashioned dessert always pleases. —nykavi
Egg Whites at room temperature
tablespoons Cafe Bustelo Instant Coffee granules
teaspoon Vanilla extract
cup Sliced Almonds
cup Desiccated Coconut
- Place a nonstick pan over medium flame. Add almonds to pan and dry roast till golden brown. Keep aside to cool.
- Dry roast desiccated coconut till golden brown. Add to almonds and let the mix cool. It needs to be at room temperature when added to the cream.
- Gradually add 4 tablespoons of sugar into egg whites and continue beating till stiff. Place egg whites in freezer till for 15 minutes.
- Whip cream till thick and fluffy in a deep bowl. This should take 3-5 minutes.
- Fold coffee granules, sugar and Kahlua to cream with a spatula.
- Remove egg whites from freezer and gently fold into cream till all whites are mixed in.
- Fold in half the almond coconut mix to cream.
- Scrape cream into a glass freezer proof bowl.
- Scatter remaining almond coconut mix over cream. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze 4-6 hours till firm.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee
More Great Recipes: