If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It doesn't get any better or easier than pouring rich, smoldering espresso coffee over a scoop (or two!) of your favorite ice cream. When served with thin & crispy vanilla cookies, it makes for a satisfying and company-worth dessert. And all it takes is making a good cup of Joe. —Serena Cosmo | Rustic Plate
- 4 ounces espresso or strong coffee of your choice
- 2 scoops of sea salt caramel ice cream or gelato (vanilla, hazelnut or whatever you fancy can be substituted)
- 1 tablespoon of optional bourbon, whiskey, brandy or grappa
- Place the scoops of ice cream in two decorative mugs or small bowls. As soon as the coffee is ready and still very hot, pour 2 ounces of espresso on each scoop. Serve immediately with, if desired, a fancy cookie or two.
- For an extra ‘kick’ in flavor, you can also add a tablespoon of a spirit of your choice. It’s delicious either way. Makes 2 servings.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee