If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rubbed with paprika and coffee can add nice depths of flavours to the beef stew. —atika
grams beef tenderloin tails, cut thin into 1-inch wide
grams onion, finely chopped
teaspoon paprika powder
tablespoon tomato paste
milliliters brown stock
tablespoons fat-free yogurt
salt and pepper
- Toast the beef strips with paprika powder, ground coffee, a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Heat 3 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the beef strips and increase the heat to medium-high. Fry the beef in batches until browned on each sides. Remove beef to the bowl, and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onions. Cook the onions in a medium heat until soft, or about 3 minutes. Remove the onion to the same bowl of beef, and set aside.
- Melt 2 tablespoon of butter in a same pan. Add the mushrooms and cook in a medium-high heat until browned, and cook through. Stirring occasionally, add chopped garlic and thyme while cooking.
- Reduce the heat, add tomato paste, beef, and shallots. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, and deglaze a pan with brown stock, cook until the stock simmering, Fold in the yogurt. Taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately over rice pilaf or egg noodles.