If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Light vegan, gluten free Raspberry Chocoholic Buckwheat Pancakes filled with warm raspberries & bursting with chocolate that’s grain & dairy free. A breakfast delight that will trick any chocoholic into eating healthy. —Megan Olson
- 1 very ripe banana
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 flax eggs (to make -> 2 tbsp flax meal & 6 tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- In a ramekin or small bowl, make flax egg. Set in refrigerator 30 minutes until it becomes an egg-like consistency.
- Using a standing or hand mixer, combine banana, flax egg, almond extract & coconut milk until banana is mashed & combined well.
- To the mixture, add buckwheat flour, baking powder & cacao powder to banana & combine thoroughly.
- Add raspberries to the mixture smashing slightly by hand until broken up into bits throughout the batter.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat & spray with cooking spray.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop mixture onto pan & cook 3-4 minutes before until pancakes begin to bubble. Flip carefully (buckwheat flour is light, I found 2 spatulas helped with flipping).
- Cook another 1-2 minutes on the other side then remove and cool on a rack briefly to allow pancakes to fully set.