Author Notes: Light vegan, gluten free Raspberry Chocoholic Buckwheat Pancakes filled with warm raspberries & bursting with chocolate that’s grain & dairy free. A breakfast delight that will trick any chocoholic into eating healthy. —Megan Olson
very ripe banana
cup unsweetened coconut milk
flax eggs (to make -> 2 tbsp flax meal & 6 tbsp water)
cup buckwheat flour
teaspoon baking powder
tablespoons raw cacao powder
cup fresh raspberries
- In a ramekin or small bowl, make flax egg. Set in refrigerator 30 minutes until it becomes an egg-like consistency.
- Using a standing or hand mixer, combine banana, flax egg, almond extract & coconut milk until banana is mashed & combined well.
- To the mixture, add buckwheat flour, baking powder & cacao powder to banana & combine thoroughly.
- Add raspberries to the mixture smashing slightly by hand until broken up into bits throughout the batter.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat & spray with cooking spray.
- Using a 1/4 cup measuring cup, scoop mixture onto pan & cook 3-4 minutes before until pancakes begin to bubble. Flip carefully (buckwheat flour is light, I found 2 spatulas helped with flipping).
- Cook another 1-2 minutes on the other side then remove and cool on a rack briefly to allow pancakes to fully set.