If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It's no secret that Norwegians love their coffee. This dessert celebrates that love with a special mousse (called fromasj in Norwegian). I based it upon vintage and classic Norwegian recipes and originally published in the Norwegian American Weekly, for which I'm the food editor. —Daytona Strong
- 1 packet gelatin
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup cold strong coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (scant)
- bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, for garnish
- Pour 1/3 cup boiling water into a small heatproof bowl. Sprinkle gelatin over and stir until dissolved. Cool.
- Whip the cream, allowing stiff peaks to form. Continuing to mix, gradually add the sugar, then the coffee and the cooled gelatin. Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Divide between ramekins and chill for at least several hours, until set.
- Garnish with grated chocolate and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee
More Great Recipes: Desserts