If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Who doesn’t love a good hashbrown….crispy, golden goodness that make our mornings brighter and delicious. But what could be better? Oven baked hashbrown muffins generously endowed with ham, parmesan and sundried tomatoes. —Dhanya Samuel
- 100 grams ham, finely chopped
- 5 potatoes (any starchy variety); grated
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes; chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons parsley; finely chopped
- Salt, to season
- Freshly milled black pepper; to season
- 1 cup mozzarella; grated (or any melting cheese)
- Sauté the ham on low heat till lightly browned. Keep aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C fan forced (180°C for conventional).
- Wash the grated potatoes once or twice in cold water to remove excess starch. Squeeze out the excess water in small batches and place in a bowl.
- Add the ham (reserve a bit for garnish), cheese, sundried tomatoes and 1 tbsp parsley to the potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Oil the muffin tray well (even if it is nonstick); scoop about ½ cup of the potato mixture and place in each muffin well. Flatten the top lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Oven bake for about 20-25 minutes or till the top has taken a golden brown colour.
- Garnish with the remaining ham and parsley; serve warm.