If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pasta smothered in herbs, olives and lemon juice and tossed in an anchovy garlic paste. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 12 ounces linguine
- 4-8 oil packed anchovy fillets, depending on how fishy you like it
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup mixed Kalamata olives, pitted, and chopped
- 1/4 cup capers, drained
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and stir to coat. Toast for about 5 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to plate and mix with lemon zest.
- Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to boil. Cook linguine until al dente, reserve ½ a cup of cooking water, then drain the rest. Rinse pasta under cold water until remaining components are ready.
- Meanwhile, using a mortar and pestle or the side of a knife, mash anchovies and garlic together to form a paste. Transfer to large bowl and toss with chives, parsley, basil, olives, capers, and remaining ½ cup of olive oil.
- Add pasta and about half the reserved cooking liquid and toss pasta to coat. If pasta seems dry, add more cooking liquid, a little at a time. Add Parmesan and toss to coat. Add lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve pasta with Panko crumbs and additional Parmesan cheese on top.