If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was craving a rich, decadent fudge sauce with a twist. I took Chocolate Chocolate and More's recipe and used coffee and just a bit of milk as the liquid, reduced the butter, and added vanilla bean paste, resulting in a super flavorful sauce that's great on ice cream ... or just by the spoonful! —Laura Dembowski
Makes about 2 cups
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cocoa or carob powder
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- Combine sugar, carob or cocoa, coffee, and milk in a medium pot. Whisk until combined.
- Place over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally until the mixture comes to a boil. Add in the butter a couple pieces at a time and cook, continuing to stir occasionally until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Whisk in the vanilla. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe Made with Coffee