If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 8 ounces bacon
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 16 ounces spaghetti
- Put a large pot of salted water on the stove for the pasta.
- Meanwhile, cut up the bacon into small bits and heat in a large pan over medium-high heat. You'll want to cook it until it's just about crispy. In other words, crispy but not too crispy, so you decide.
- While the bacon is frying, whisk together the eggs, cream, Parmesan cheese until combined. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- By this point your water should be boiling and your bacon fried. Put the pasta in the water and turn off the heat on the bacon. When the pasta is al dente, drain it and toss it with the bacon until it's coated.
- Then toss the pasta with the egg and cream mixture. The trick here is to make sure the bacon and the pasta are hot enough to kill any bacteria in the raw egg without cooking it. What you don't want is scrambled eggs and bacon.
- Serve and enjoy.