If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The overall idea here is for this pasta to look like a beautiful garden salad, with pasta. I use a mix of different types of tomatoes and lettuces so there's an array of greens and reds and oranges, bound together with some cheese and cream, salt and pepper. —Hi, I'm Brian.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered lengthwise
- 3 cups hardy mixed greens, such as arugula, kale, radicchio
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon bacon fat
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 16 ounces penne
- In a medium sized bowl, toss together the tomatoes and the lettuces with a little salt. Set aside.
- Put a large pot of salted water on the stove for the pasta.
- Mix together the eggs, cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, and lemon zest.
- Heat the bacon fat and olive oil in a large skillet.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain it and toss it with the bacon fat until it's coated.
- Toss the pasta with the egg and cream mixture.
- Then mix in the tomato and lettuce mixture with any juices that have leached out. Let the pasta sit for a minute, then give it another stir. During that minute the tomatoes will have warmed and released more of their juice, so what might have initially looked like a pasta dish without enough sauce becomes quite the opposite.
- Serve and enjoy.