If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You get the warm cheesy grits with the sautéed shrimp and thick cut salty bacon! See my mouth is salivating just thinking about it! I could seriously eat this stuff for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. —Tamara Coleman
- 1/2 cup Grits
- 2 cups Water
- 2 teaspoons Chicken Bouillon
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 pound Shrimp
- 6 pieces Bacon
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 1/4 cup Scallions
- 1 Clove Minced Garlic
- Creole/Cajun Seasoning
- Bring your water to a boil and add your grits with the chicken bouillon. If your making double the grits just double your other ingredients.
- Once grits have cooked. Remove from burner add your cheese and butter.
- Cook your bacon in a saute pan until crisp and save some of the bacon grease because you will saute your shrimp in it.
- Mince your garlic and chop your green onions.
- Rinse and pat dry your shrimp.
- Now season your shrimp with a little creole seasoning on each side.
- Cook your shrimp until pink 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Now add your garlic, green onions, lemon juice and bacon to your saute pan and cook for 3 minutes.
- Then add your grits to a bowl and top with your shrimp & bacon mixture.