If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Following the article by Sarah, A Valentine's Dinner You Can Toss (and Stretch, and Top) Together, here is my suggestion for a pizza dessert. —Your Guardian Chef
tablespoon olive oil
package bread Yeast
- I use the bread machine to make the pizza dough. If you don't have a bread machine follow these instructions
- To activate the yeast mix the Dry Active Yeast with ¼ cup of the water needed for the recipe. The water should be lukewarm. Add ½ tsp of sugar, and let it rest until it becomes foamy.
- In the meantime, strain the flour along with the sugar and the salt into a bowl, ensuring they are completely mixed. Make a ‘well’ in the centre of the flour mix.
- Combine all the wet ingredients together: water, olive oil and the frosty yeast. Slowly pour them in the ‘well’ of the flour and mix it with the wet ingredients gradually, using your fingers.
- Once they are thoroughly mixed, you can either continue mixing the flour with your hands, or put it into an electric mixer with a dough hook. Mix it until the dough becomes a ball that comes away easily from the side of the bowl.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and knead it on a flat surface. Shape it into a smooth ball and place it into an oiled bowl covered with a wet towel to rest. Let it rise for 1.5 hours.
- Once the dough is ready, roll the dough on a well floured baking sheet. This way you can contain the flour within the paper, and it is much easier when you need to put the dough over the pizza stone.
- Divide the dough into four sections and make them into four round balls
- Spread the Nutella on a diameter along the centre of the pizza. Then fold both sides inwards, and let it rest for 20 minutes before cooking.
- While the dough rises, put the pizza stone in the oven and set the temperature to 180 C.
- When the oven has reached that temperature, take the hot pizza stone out of the oven, lay the pizza on top, and put it back in the oven to cook for 17 minutes.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and serve still warm!