If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I was inspired by the vinaigrette recipe in Heartburn, by Nora Ephron, to get back to making proper salad dressings. This is a doctored-up version of it that I've been making. Nothing groundbreaking, but solid. —Kristy Mucci
- 2 tablespoons mustard, either dijon or champagne
- 2 tablespoons good vinegar (I really like Noble's Tonic No. 4)
- 1 small shallot, minced evenly
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Add all ingredients to a mason jar, cover, and shake until the dressing is thick and creamy. Save whatever's left in the mason jar for your next salad (it's even better the next day).
- This recipe is a Community Pick!