If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Yukon Gold potatoes whipped with milk, eggs and tangy blue cheese make this the ultimate side dish!
—garlic and zest
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes - made with Yukon Gold potatoes
- 2 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled, divided
- 2 slices bread (preferably sourdough or italian)
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon extra blue cheese for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a small (3-4 cup) casserole dish with vegetable spray.
- In a large bowl combine the mashed potatoes, scallions, egg, milk and 2/3 of the blue cheese. Stir until well combined. Transfer the mashed potatoes to the casserole dish and smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Place the bread, italian parsley and butter into the bowl of a mini-prep food processor and pulse until fine breadcrumbs form and parsley is chopped.
- Top the potato mixture with the breadcrumbs and sprinkle with remaining blue cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until topping is browned and bubbly. Serve.