If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You don’t have to peel the dates if your blender is up for the job, but if you do plan to peel, there is a trick. Place the dates in a small heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and wait 3 to 5 minutes: You should be able to see the skins loosening. Strain and peel with ease. —aliyaleekong
Serves 4 to 6 (yields 5 cups)
- 3 cups almond, cashew, or coconut milk
- 2 cups freshly squeezed (blood) orange juice
- 2 to 3 Medjool dates, pitted (and peeled, optional—see headnote)
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until uniform and frothy. Serve over ice. This is best served immediately, as it can separate when it sits.