If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A simple no-cook parfait. —garlic and zest
- 1 cup hulled and diced strawberries + 2 strawberries for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (can substitute vanilla)
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a small bowl combine the strawberries and regular sugar. Toss to combine and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the mascarpone, greek yogurt, powdered sugar and almond extract. Use a hand mixer on medium high speed to combine and whip the ingredients together. Continue to whip until light and fluffy. Set aside.
- Place 10 cookies in a zip top sandwich baggie and seal it. Reserve the other two cookies for garnish. Use a rolling pin or the flat side of a meat tenderizer to crush the cookies into fine crumbs. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350° and lay the almonds out on a cookie sheet. Cook until lightly toasted and golden, about 5-8 minutes. Set aside.
- In a clear parfait glass or wine glass with a wide mouth, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the crushed cookies. Top with 2-3 tablespoons of the berries and pipe about 1" of mascarpone cream on top of the berries. Repeat with cookies, berries and cream. Garnish with a sprinkle of toasted almonds, strawberry and a chocolate wafer.
- Cover and refrigerate. Remove parfaits from the refrigerator 30 minutes to an hour before serving so the cream softens a bit.