Author Notes: A savoury sweet corn galette —Sum
cups All-purpose flour
tablespoons Cold unsalted butter
tablespoons Ice water
cups Sweet corn
tablespoons Powdered coconut milk
tablespoons Chopped scallion
In This Recipe
- In a food processor, pulse the flour and salt .
- Add the butter and pulse into very small pieces.
- Add the water and pulse until the dough starts clumping together.
- Add more water gradually, if needed.
- Put the dough unto plastic wrap and press it into a disk.
- Then wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Mix the sweet corn, coconut milk, scallion, cornstarch and salt in a bowl.
- Then add the water and properly combine.
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet.
- Flour your surface and roll out the dough in a circular shape.
- Then place the dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon the sweet corn mixture onto the dough and leave at least a 2 inch border.
- Then fold the border over the mixture and pleat as desired.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- The crust should be golden brown.
- After allowing your galette to cool, you may sprinkle some scallion over it.