If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Known for its anti-inflammatory properties, turmeric plays a colorful and immunity-boosting leading role in this side dish recipe featuring crispy potatoes roasted in coconut oil with ginger, garlic, parsley, turmeric and cayenne. —Shanna Mallon
- 1 pound organic golden potatoes
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and grated
- 1.5" fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 475F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the potatoes vertically into eight wedges each (halve the potatoes vertically, halve those halves, halve again) and toss them in a bowl with coconut oil, grated garlic, grated ginger, chopped parsley, turmeric, salt and cayenne pepper. Use your clean hands to get everything really well coated and covered, the coconut oil softened and the herbs and spices distributed throughout.
- Spread this mixture on prepared baking sheet, making one single layer of potatoes, and bake 30 to 40 minutes, tossing potatoes with a spatula once halfway through. Serve warm, adding additional salt as/if needed.