If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Bursting with mint and hazelnut flavor, these low calorie Mint Chocolate Hazelnut Muffins are dairy and oil free. Made with applesauce, bananas and whole wheat flour this every day muffin is about to be your new favorite. —Megan Olson
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup Truvia baking blend
- 1 egg white
- 3 very ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free baking flour
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- 1/2 cup mint chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F
- Toast hazelnuts on medium heat in a small pan on the stovetop ~5-7 minutes or when you just smell the nuts
- Remove nuts from heat, allow to cool then chop nuts finely
- Meanwhile mash bananas, add sugar, egg, mint extract & applesauce in a large mixing bowl
- Stir dry ingredients into wet ingredients then fold chocolate chips & hazelnuts into the batter
- Place muffin liners in a muffin tin & fill liners ½ way full of batter
- Bake 15-18 minutes at 375 degrees F