If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A low fat banana bread made for chocolate lovers that can easily be made gluten free. Packed with two bananas, this chocolatey goodness is big on moisture while being free of oil and refined sugar. A simple and healthy treat. —Megan Olson
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed well
- 1 1/2 cups Gluten Free baking flour
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup dairy free mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F & spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a blender, combine apple cider vinegar, bananas, vanilla, salt, almond milk, maple syrup and coconut sugar. Blend until bananas are mashed well.
- To the blender, add Gluten Free baking flour, baking powder, baking soda, unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Place batter in a bowl and add dairy free chocolate chips and mix by hand.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted clean.
- Allow the bread to sit in the pan one hour before removing then cooling and slicing into 12 pieces.