Author Notes: Orange patishapta is a very famous Bengali sweet from India .
There is only one different between a long life and a good dinner :: that , in the dinner , the sweet come last .......
I feel proud when I make this orange patishapta recipe because it remind me of those days at my Grandparents house . My Granny and my Mom would prepare those dish sitting near the brick stove .
Though cakes , pastries and various other sweet are in vogue in almost household but I would say those who at least tasted Orange Patishapta once will never say no to it ............ —uma pandit
Serves: 6 person
grams brown sugar
cups grated coconut
liters orange juice
piece of eggplant or bottle gourd
- Condensed milk by constantly billing and stirring , add grated coconut and brown sugar , stir continuously until the mixture attain a thick consistency .
- In a mixing bowl add semolina and maida and pinch of salt and add orange juice gradually to make a thick batter .
- Heat the frying pan and coat the surface of the pan with the little oil . Apply the oil with a piece of eggplant or bottle gourd .
- Pour the batter in big spoon on the hot pan and spread the mix on the pan till it takes a circular shape . Put about the stuffing on the over the spread .
- Roll the spread like bread rolls after 15 -20 second . Keep the roll on the pan and flip sides every 5 - 10 second till the light brown in colour .