If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Orange patishapta is a very famous Bengali sweet from India .
There is only one different between a long life and a good dinner :: that , in the dinner , the sweet come last .......
I feel proud when I make this orange patishapta recipe because it remind me of those days at my Grandparents house . My Granny and my Mom would prepare those dish sitting near the brick stove .
Though cakes , pastries and various other sweet are in vogue in almost household but I would say those who at least tasted Orange Patishapta once will never say no to it ............ —uma pandit
Serves 6 person
- 200 grams semolina
- 300 grams maida
- 250 grams brown sugar
- 2 cups grated coconut
- 400 liters orange juice
- 5 tablespoons milkmaid
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 piece of eggplant or bottle gourd
- Condensed milk by constantly billing and stirring , add grated coconut and brown sugar , stir continuously until the mixture attain a thick consistency .
- In a mixing bowl add semolina and maida and pinch of salt and add orange juice gradually to make a thick batter .
- Heat the frying pan and coat the surface of the pan with the little oil . Apply the oil with a piece of eggplant or bottle gourd .
- Pour the batter in big spoon on the hot pan and spread the mix on the pan till it takes a circular shape . Put about the stuffing on the over the spread .
- Roll the spread like bread rolls after 15 -20 second . Keep the roll on the pan and flip sides every 5 - 10 second till the light brown in colour .