If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
pound or about 2&¾ cups all purpose flour (or self raising flour)
cup butter room temperature
teaspoons baking powder
teaspoon vanilla extract
cup brown sugar
For the caramel syrup
cups brown sugar
- Peal the apples, remove seeds and cut into thin slices.
- Rinse the apples with lemon juice in order to avoid browning.
- Preheat the oven to 180° C, or 360° F.
- In a big bowl, or in a food processor, beat butter and sugar very well.
- Add eggs one by one. Add milk and vanilla.
- Whisk and add shifted flour with baking powder, little by little, until you have a thick batter.
- Line a cake pan (preferably an adjustable one) with parchment paper and place the apple slices.
- Rinse them with more lemon juice. Sprinkle on apples cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Pour the batter over apples and bake for about an hour.
- Let the cake cool for a while and place it upside down on a platter.
- In a small saucepan add 2 cups brown sugar and ½ cup water over medium heat. When sugar starts to boil and makes bubbles remove from the heat and add 1 cup water.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and boil until the syrup become deep golden brown and thick.
- Enjoy with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream
More Great Recipes: