If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4 apples
- 3/4 pound or about 2&¾ cups all purpose flour (or self raising flour)
- 3/4 cup butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 lemon juice
For the caramel syrup
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1.5 cups water
- Peal the apples, remove seeds and cut into thin slices.
- Rinse the apples with lemon juice in order to avoid browning.
- In a big bowl, or in a food processor, beat butter and sugar very well.
- Add eggs one by one. Add milk and vanilla.
- Put a parchment paper into a cake pan (preferably an adjustable one) and place the apple slices. Rinse them with lemon juice. Sprinkle on apples cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Let the cake cool for a while and place it upside down on a platter.
- Return the saucepan to the heat and boil until the syrup become deep golden brown and thick.
More Great Recipes: