If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chicken Pot Pie Soup is the ultimate comfort food. Full of vegetables, chicken, and tons of soothing flavors, it's just what your belly ordered!! —Holly
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 carrots, diced
- 3 sticks celery, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 5 to 6 sage leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons thyme, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 8 cups chicken stock, homemade if possible!
- 3/4 cup white wine or vermouth
- Frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 to 2 teaspoons salt and pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 3 uncooked chicken breasts, cut into one-and-a-half inch cubes and seasoned with salt & pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds red potatoes, washed, dried, chopped into one-and-a-half inch cubes with skin left on
- 1 cup fresh or defrosted frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot on medium-high until shimmering, then add carrots, celery, and onion. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper and sauté for 6 minutes. Add garlic, sage, and thyme then cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the flour, and combine thoroughly. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Slowly stir in the chicken stock and wine, bring to a boil, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the soup is simmering put the frozen puff pastry shells in the oven and bake (about 20 minutes).
- Next stir in salt and pepper and the almond milk. Add the cubed chicken and chopped potatoes to the pot and simmer for at least 10 minutes, until potatoes are tender and chicken is cooked through.
- Finally, add the peas just before serving and cook for 3 minutes.
- Serve the soup hot with puff pastry shell on top, and say out loud three times: "There's no place like home..." :)