If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This Apple Gouda Chicken recipe is a mash-up of ingredients I had chillin’ in my fridge (pun intended), and I have to tell you, I was pleasantly surprised at 1) how quickly I was able to make dinner and 2) how delicious it was! It's sweet —Jen Cicchetti
tablespoon white flour
cup finely chopped smoked gouda
tablespoons unsalted butter
pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
cup unsweetened almond milk
pound green beans
- Chop the ends off all green bean stalks and rinse.
- Rinse the apple and finely chop, discarding the core. You can remove the skin if desired.
- Cut the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces.
- Place a large pot of water on the stove to boil.
- While that pot is boiling, add 4 TBSP of butter to a large pan and set it on the stove over medium-high heat.
- When the butter is bubbling, place the chicken in the pan. Cook until the pieces are browned.
- Once the water is boiling, place all green beans in the pot. Let boil for approx. 8 minutes.
- When the chicken is browned, add the apple pieces, flour, and milk. Stir frequently for a few minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Once the sauce has thickened, turn the heat down to medium and add the gouda. Stir until the gouda is softened.
- Serve the chicken alongside the green beans.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of