If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love pasta, but left pasta alone for a lot of years because my body just doesn't like carbs. Being diabetic seemed to severely limit my pasta intake. Then I found Dreamfield's Pasta. I love this dish. Even My Mountain Man 'likes' this dish. He's really a meat and taters kinda guy. If he likes this pasta salad then hopefully you will, too. Add to that the spring asparagus season is here and you've got the perfect picnic and back porch settin' food! (Pollen not included) And it is oh, so, easy! —vivisue
- 1 pound Chicken Tenders
- 1 packet Zesty Italian Dressing Mix - Dry
- 14.5 ounces box of Dreamfield's Penne Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 pound Asparagus, trimmed and chopped into 1" pieces
- 3 cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped Celery
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 cup Pasta Water
- 2 tablespoons White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 small can sliced Black Olives
- 1 small can sliced green olives (or sub capers)
- 2 cups fresh grated Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese
- 4 tablespoons fresh chopped Basil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cracked Pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water for later.
- Grill chicken tenders in 1 Tbsp. olive oil and season with 1 Tbsp. of the italian dressing mix. Save the rest of the dressing mix for later.
- Saute' garlic and asparagus pieces in 1 Tbsp. olive oil until asparagus is slightly tender. Add tomatoes and stir over medium high heat for 2 minutes. Add all sauteed ingredients to pasta.
- Add all other ingredients, except for 1/4 cup cheese and basil to pasta. Mix thoroughly. Salt to taste. When ready to serve, sprinkle with basil and remaining cheese. Serve warm or chill before serving. Your choice.