If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Sharlotta is a Cypriot dessert very popular with our mothers. —elena antoniou
- 6 Cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons Slightly heaped sugar
- 8 tablespoons Level corn flour
- 3 Egg yolks
- 250 milliliters Fresh cream
- 6 tablespoons Rose water
- 4 tablespoons Milk
- 400 Grams or 20x20cm sponge cake.
- 1 cup Chopped almonds.
- 1 cup Mixed dried fruit. (Crystalized or glazed)
- 300 Grams tinned pears (optional)
- Mix the corn flour in 1 glass of milk. Beat the egg yolks and add the fresh cream.
- Pour the rest of the milk and sugar in a saucepan. and place over heat. Add the corn flour mixture and stir vigorously and continuesly until warm.
- Take sauce pan off the heat and beat in the the egg mixture. Return to the heat and continue stirring until slightly thick and bubbles form. Stir in 2 tablespoons rose water, and cool.
- Slice the cake into 2cm thickness and lay at the bottom of a deap serving dish. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of each rose water and milk.
- Add on top the almonds and fruit and finish with half of the custard. Repeat again with the same procedure.
- Decorate wth slivered almond and some peel. Refrigerate and serve cold.
More Great Recipes: