If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This cake is a riff on the ever popular Plum Torte by Marion Burros. The original clipping from the New York Times has turned yellow with age and splatter! —nykavi
Makes: 1 cake
cup unsalted Butter, at room temperature
cup AP Flour
teaspoon Baking Powder
pinches Of Salt
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Sift flour and baking powder
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and eggs to creamed mix. Whisk well for 3-4 minutes till mix is light and airy.
- Scrape batter into a glass baking dish.
- Cut peaches into 1/4 inch thick slices. Wedge slices into batter, arranging them in a pattern.
- Scatter blueberries onto batter. Push them in lightly with your fingers.
- Spoon the tablespoon of sugar over fruit.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes till or skewer or knife tip comes out dry.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes on a rack. Cut into wedges and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of
More Great Recipes: