Author Notes: This cake is a riff on the ever popular Plum Torte by Marion Burros. The original clipping from the New York Times has turned yellow with age and splatter! —nykavi
Makes: 1 cake
cup unsalted Butter, at room temperature
cup AP Flour
teaspoon Baking Powder
pinches Of Salt
In This Recipe
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
- Sift flour and baking powder
- Add flour, baking powder, salt and eggs to creamed mix. Whisk well for 3-4 minutes till mix is light and airy.
- Scrape batter into a glass baking dish.
- Cut peaches into 1/4 inch thick slices. Wedge slices into batter, arranging them in a pattern.
- Scatter blueberries onto batter. Push them in lightly with your fingers.
- Spoon the tablespoon of sugar over fruit.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes till or skewer or knife tip comes out dry.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes on a rack. Cut into wedges and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of