If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Roasting nuts is one of the simplest and easiets ways to be creative about your food. If you love your snacks as much as I do, it's also a really good oppotunity to cut down on your intake of salt. The salt/sugar/spicy balance is a pretty personal thing, but here's a good starting point. —Lise
Makes a nice bowlfull
- 50 grams almonds or other nuts
- 2 tablespoons mable sirup
- 4 tablespoons whiskey - a smokey one is really nice.
- 1 pinch cayenne or chilli power
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or flaky sea salt
- Bring mable sirup, whiskey, cayenne and 1/2 tsp salt to a boil and cook Until it's reduced to about half volume, around five min. Add the nuts and get them completly coated with the wiskey sirup. Remove the pan from pan from the heat and let the nuts cool sit in the sirup for a while they will absorb a lot of the liquid. Stir a couble of times.
- Heat oven to 150 degree celcius. Place nuts in one layer in a heat proof dish and roast in the oven for aprox. 40 min. Stir them a couplle of times. Start cheking how done they are after 25 min. by splitting a nut in two to see the color inside. You want it to have a golden colour all he way through. When the nuts are done, remove from the oven and let cool completely. Store in a jar or similar with a tight fitting lit.