Author Notes: My freezer is never without at least one bag of streusel - ready at a moments notice to top any fruit, muffin or even a scoop of ice cream.
—Chrissy / Eat Some, Wear Some
Makes: 6 cups
ounces unsalted butter
cups all-purpose flour
cup granulated sugar
cup dark brown sugar
cup thick-cut rolled oats
cups walnuts, chopped
teaspoon kosher salt
teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Melt the butter and keep warm.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Pour in the warm butter and mix until most of the dry ingredients are moistened but it is still clumpy.
- Spread the streusel out onto a baking sheet, keeping it clumpy, and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more to set.
- Top fresh or frozen fruit, a batch of blueberry muffins or bake and top some vanilla ice cream. Freeze in ziploc bags for up to 6 months.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for The Recipe You're Most Proud Of
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later