If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This caramel corn is amazing; salty, sweet, and spicy. I think that cayenne pepper is a welcomed addition because the spice is the only thing that slowed me down so I didn’t eat all of it before my fiancé even got home. The caramel corn is easy to make, but does require a candy thermometer to heat up the syrup to the right temperature (the soft-ball stage). —OB Cookie
Serves: about 5 cups
cup popcorn kernels
tablespoons vegetable oil
cup granulated sugar
cup brown sugar
teaspoon cayenne pepper
tablespoons very soft unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Over medium heat in heavy bottomed pot/pan, pop corn shaking occasionally with lid slightly cracked until most kernels popped.
- In heavy bottomed sauce pan, over medium heat, mix sugars, salt, cinnamon, pepper and water and bring to a boil.
- Boil, stirring frequently, until candy mixture reaches 240 degrees or the soft-ball stage.
- Turn off heat, and whisk in butter.
- Add popcorn to saucepan and mix thoroughly.
- Add corn to baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes, stir and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool (if you can wait) and enjoy!