If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These little bites are chewy, chocolatey, and full of banana! Gluten free if you use ground nuts and are able to have oats. You can substitute dried fruit or toasted nuts for some or all of the chocolate. —chocolatea
Makes 36 cookies
- 4 bananas, mashed (1 1/2 cups)
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup ground almonds or other ground nuts (or flour)
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups chopped chocolate (9 ounces)
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease 2 baking sheets well.
- Stir together mashed banana and melted butter in large bowl.
- Mix dry ground almonds (or flour), oats, coconut, spices, salt &baking powder in separate bowl. Fold in the banana mixture. Fold in chocolate.
- Scoop tablespoons of batter onto greased baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until puffy. Pull from oven and let sit on baking sheet for 1 minute to set. Remove to wire rack to cool completely.