If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fresh cranberries are a surprising tart note in these cookies. If fresh aren't available, you could use frozen. I would suggest dried cherries over dried cranberries if that's all you have available. —chocolatea
Makes 48 cookies
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour, gluten free flour mix or all purpose flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh ground
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen)
- 1 cup chocolate, chopped (or toasted nuts)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Heat a metal skillet over medium heat. Add butter and brown for about 5 minutes, until it smells butty and is dark brown, careful not to burn. Scrape into a large bowl and allow to cool for five minutes. Add sugar and banana, whisk to combine. Add egg and vanilla, whisk well.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, spices and salt in a separate bowl. Add dry ingredient to butter mixture. Add cranberries and chocolate and mix to combine.
- Bake 2 tablespoon scoops on to well greased baking sheets. Bake for 12 minutes, rotating once if oven is uneven. Remove to wire rack to cool.