If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A traditional Italian Carbonara, and the simplest variation. This was my absolute favourite recipe of my Mom's growing up, and subsequently I requested this dish every single year on my birthday. My mom said it was too special to make all year round.
It's my go-to dish for special occasions, family dinners, and quite frankly - for a quick weeknight meal. —amcaputo
- Fresh Spaghetti or Angel Hair pasta
- 300 grams Pancetta, sliced and diced
- 4 Egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Whipping cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Additional parmesan cheese
- Saute pancetta over medium heat. Remove while still light in colour.
- Beat egg yolks in a large shallow serving dish. Add cream and Parmesan. Add salt and pepper. * If you're serving more than four, I normally add one more egg yolk per person. And adjust the cream and Parmesan to your liking.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Add your pasta and cook until al dente, this should only take a few minutes if pasta is fresh. If using dry pasta, adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- Drain pasta and place in serving dish on top of sauce. Toss quickly, so the egg does not curdle. Add sauteed pancetta and toss until mixed. Serve with additional Parmesan cheese and freshly ground pepper.