- Makes 1 pizza
Using Alfredo sauce makes for a whiter snowman but feel free to use pizza sauce if you prefer. Decorating the snowman is great fun for children of all ages. —Fleischmann's Yeast
What You'll Need
1-3/4 to 2-1/4 cups
Fleischmann's® Pizza Crust Yeast
OR Fleischmann's® RapidRise Yeast
very warm water (120 to 130°F)*
1/2 to 1 cups
1 to 2 cups
(4 to 8 ounces or 125 to 250g) shredded mozzarella cheese
Snowman decorations: a piece of carrot or orange bell pepper for the nose, halved cherry tomatoes or black olives for buttons, eyes and mouth from red onion, colored peppers or pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine 1 cup flour, undissolved yeast, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add very warm water and oil; mix until well blended, about 1 minute. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough. Dough should form a ball and will be slightly sticky. Knead** on a floured surface, adding additional flour if necessary, until smooth and elastic, about 4 minutes. (If using RapidRise OR Quick Rise Yeast, let dough rest at this point for 10 minutes.)
- Divide dough in half. Pat or roll one section of dough into an 8 to 9-inch circle. Place on the bottom edge of a large greased baking sheet. Take 2/3 of the remaining dough and roll into a 6-inch circle and place atop the first dough circle. Pat remaining dough into a 4-inch circle and add to snowman as the head. Form a rim by pinching the edge of the dough.
- Spread with Alfredo sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Use your creativity to decorate the snowman. All types of vegetables, olives or pepperoni can be used to make the snowman's face, scarf and buttons
- Bake on lowest oven rack for 12 to 15 minutes, until cheese is bubbly and crust is browned.
- *If you don't have a thermometer, water should feel very warm to the touch. **To knead the dough, add just enough flour to the dough and your hands to keep the dough from sticking. Flatten dough and fold it toward you. Using the heels of your hands, push the dough away with a rolling motion. Rotate dough a quarter turn and repeat the "fold, push and turn" steps. Keep kneading dough until it is smooth and elastic. Use a little more flour if dough becomes too sticky, always working the flour into the ball of dough