If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When you want cinnamon raisin bread with peanut butter and all you have is regular old bread… this stuff comet to the rescue!
Or.. Slather it on cinnamon raisin toast.. Double whammy! —Colleen Stem
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts (roasted, but unroasted works too)
- 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon (use more or less depending on your taste
- 1-2 teaspoons maple or honey (optional)
- A pinch or two of sea salt
- hot water
- Place the nuts and the raisins in a jar and fill with hot water. Let sit for about 10 minutes until the raisins are plumed up. Stain water and dump the raisins and peanuts into a food processor. Add in the cinnamon. Turn on and blend until smooth.(or kind of smooth if you like it chunky) If you need to, add a splash of hot water to thin out, but be careful to only add a little at a time. Taste and if you think it needs it, add sweetener and blend again. Sprinkle in a pinch of sea salt. Transfer to a jar, eat with everything, Store left overs in the fridge
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit