If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Eggplant thickens this warming stew. —laurenlocally
- 1 28 ounce can whole, peeled tomatoes
- 5 Green onions, white and green chopped
- 2 Cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 Small eggplant, diced
- 15-18 Ounces white fish, I used cod
- 1/2-1 tablespoons Cayenne
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Water or stock
- 1.5 Cooked cous cous
- 1/2 Lime, juiced
- Sauté the green onions and eggplant in olive oil over medium heat until brown. Stir frequently so the eggplant doesn't stick
- Add in the garlic and can of tomatoes. Combine and scrap up any residual vegetable
- Using an immersion blender or vitamix purée until uniform
- Return to the pot, add 2 cups of water or stock and snuggle the fish fillets in fully immersing them. Cook on medium heat until the fish is cooked through then break up into bite size pieces.
- Stir in cayenne, lime juice, cous cous and S&P. Heat through and serve.