If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is what I grew up on to celebrate birthdays. The birthday person would get to decide what special ice cream flavor they wanted used. We originally found this recipe in the Dayton's Department Store Cookbook. It became an instant favorite. —caits
- 1 packet oreos
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 gallon ice cream (flavor of choice)
- 1 1/2 cups salted peanuts
- 2/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cookie Crust: Crush 1 pkg of Oreo cookies and mix in melted butter. Press into the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan or a 10 inch springform pan. Keep 1 cup of the crushed cookies for additional layers.
- Scoop vanilla ice cream into pan spreading evenly. Sprinkle with reserved crushed cookies, chocolate topping, nuts, and ice cream until your pan is filled or you run out of cookies & topping. Your cake should have at least two complete layers. The final layer should be chocolate topping and a sprinkle of the last of the crushed cookies. (You may have to let it sit on the counter for a while to thaw slightly before cutting once you're ready to serve it). After finishing assembling, place cake in the freezer for 4-6 hours. Serve and enjoy. To make the chocolate sauce: For approximately 8 minutes, gently boil semi-sweet chocolate chips, powdered sugar, butter and evaporated milk together. After boiling, stir in 1 tsp vanilla. Let the chocolate cool and use to layer with the other components.