Author Notes: Elegant Chocolate Swirl Meringue Cookies are sure to impress guests and are deceptively easy to make! —Lisa Bevin
Makes: 20 cookies
large egg whites
cup granulated sugar
ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
tablespoons heavy cream
In This Recipe
- Heat oven to 225 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place egg whites in a stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk and whip until frothy.
- Mix sugar and cornstarch together. Gradually add sugar to the beaten egg whites and continue beating until mixture is glossy and forms firm peaks.
- Melt chocolate and heavy cream in a double boiler or in the microwave. Stir until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Add the chocolate and meringue into to a pastry bag and pipe onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Alternatively, you can drizzle the chocolate on top of the meringue and use a spoon to drop mounds onto the baking sheet.
- Bake meringue for 1 hour and then turn off the oven and leave the meringues inside for an additional hour. Store meringues in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Serve with whipped cream, hot chocolate sauce and/or vanilla ice cream.