If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dense pumpkin bread with less sugar, so there's no reason to feel guilty. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups pure pumpkin puree, no sugars added
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, baking powder, Kosher salt, nutmeg, cardamon, and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, milk, vanilla extract, egg, maple syrup and pumpkin puree.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, mixing until combined.
- Pour batter into a lightly oiled 9 x 4 loaf tin. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out dry. Cool for 10 minutes before popping it out of the loaf tin.
- Loaf can stay on counter, covered, for up to four days.