If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Buffalo Chicken Meatballs! With herbs, veggies, & a little spicy cayenne. Heat is balanced perfectly by the cool, yogurt Blue Cheese Sauce. Healthy & delish! —Holly
Serves 21 meatballs
For The Meatballs & Buffalo Sauce:
- 3/4 cup almond meal (or bread crumbs)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- 4 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 3 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce, or Tabasco Sauce for a spicier flavor
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar (or 1 teaspoon regular white sugar)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, almond meal, egg, garlic, onion powder, green onions, salt, pepper, and cayenne. With a wooden spoon or clean hands, stir until well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1¼-to-1½-inch meatballs, forming about 21 meatballs.
- Place meatballs onto prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until a meat thermometer inserted in the center of the meatball reads 165 degrees.
- To make the Buffalo Sauce, add butter and sugar to a large pot over medium heat, and stir in Tabasco sauce. Allow the sauce to incorporate for 1-2 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Add the cooked meatballs to the pot, and gently coat them in the sauce. As the sauce cools, it will form a nice coating that sticks to the meatballs.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with blue cheese sauce, if desired
For The Blue Cheese Sauce:
- 1/4 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled (melt 1 ounce in microwave)
- 1/3 cup fat free buttermilk
- 1/4 lemon, juiced - about 2 teaspoons or to your taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a small bowl
- Smash some of the blue cheese crumbles with the back of a spoon and stir to incorporate.
- Add parsley, onion, and celery.