Author Notes: I read the food blog Stacey Snacks every morning. Ms. Snacks is a date lover, and got me interested in the suave brown sweets. This salad is tribute to what is now my favorite dried fruit. —PG Tipsy
romaine lettuce hearts
stalk of celery
cup red bell pepper
extra virgin olive oil
fresh lime juice
- Core and thinly slice your Honeycrisp apple. Leave skin on. Lay slices on the bottom of your salad bowl and spritz with fresh lime juice.
- Slice celery stalk on the extreme bias and add to salad bowl. Be sure to include all spicy, fragrant celery leaves.
- Shave radishes see-through and add to salad bowl.
- Micro-dice red bell pepper and add to salad bowl.
- Chop up romaine lettuce hearts (yes, with a knife!),bigger pieces on the dark green end, smaller pieces as you get to the pale root - chop right down to the bitter end.
- Split open your dates length-wise and remove the pit. Flatten out dates on your cutting board. Slice cross-wise thin slivers of date and strew over the salad. Basically, you are creating wonderful little chewy bacon-colored strips of sweet date *jerky*.
- Gently toss the salad with your hands to distribute all elements evenly. Dress with your desired amount of evo. Toss. Spritz on your desired amount of fresh lime juice. Toss. Salt to taste.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit