If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My partner and I were staying up in the Sunshine Coast hinterland and we found this gorgeous little place , called the Shotgun Cafe, with this on the menu. We were so enraptured with this breakfast that we made an effort to re-create it back at home over and over. My partner recently returned to the cafe to learn that they aren't serving it anymore! So, out of fear that it evaporates from our collective consciousness, I thought I'd share the recipe here, so that it may live on.
It's fairly pricey to purchase all the ingredients, but if you grow your own veggies, bake your own bread and make your own cheese, it would be a lot more affordable. Its super delicious, quick to make, and looks divine! —Ash King
- Slices of Sourdough Bread
- Basil Pesto
- Thinly Sliced Spanish Onion
- Buffalo Mozzarella
- Chives (to garnish)
- Caramalised Balsamic Vinegar
- Sicilian Olives (on the side)
- Slice and lightly toast your sourdough slices (I usually serve one slice per person). Spread your basil pesto over the bread, and arrange your rocket, tomato and spanish onion on top.
- Lay your prosciutto, and sliced mozzarella on top. Garnish with chopped chives, and top with the balsamic. Delicious!