If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I adapted this recipe from several ones I saw online to have in hand as a healthy snack or when the sweet tooth kicks in. They are quite delicious and made with unprocessed ingredients. They are also fun to make, for me at least :) —Jona @AssortedBites
- 1 cup nuts ( I used hazelnuts and peanuts)
- 2/3 cup dried apricots
- 3-4 pieces medjool dates
- Assorted toppings ( cocoa, matcha, crushed nuts, seeds)
- Roast the nuts for a few minutes until they become fragrant.
- When using hazelnuts and peanuts rub off all the skin ( or try at least) before putting them into a food processor. Pulse on high for a couple of minutes, then add dates and the apricots and keep pulsing.
- When it all comes together nicely, start adding shape to the mixture. In the end, roll them into cocoa, nuts or matcha ( or anything nice you can think of). As a final touch use a sieve to sprinkle cocoa and matcha evenly.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit
More Great Recipes: Candy