If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This raw/vegan/gluten free/refined sugar-free (optional) recipe was inspired by Audrey of the Unconventional Baker's Raw Strawberry Papaya Ice Cream Tart. Her recipe absolutely kicks butt. I'd like to think my version is kick butt too while using ingredients that are slightly more readily available.
- 30 dates, pitted
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 cups strawberries (frozen)
- 1 cup strawberries (fresh or thawed)
- 1 cup blueberries (frozen)
- 6 dates
- 5 basil leaves
- 1/4 lemon zest
- 1-2 tablespoons honey (optional)
- Line a 9-inch tart pan with parchment paper.
- Place crust ingredients into food processor. Grind ingredients until it’s broken down to form a sticky, coarse, meal-like texture. Scoop filling into the lined tart pan, using hands or the back of a spoon to mold it into the tin. Place in freezer while preparing the filling.
- Add filling ingredients to a clean food processor. Pulse until ingredients are combined. It's okay if there are a few bigger pieces left; it just adds texture when you bite into the dessert later. Scoop filling into prepared almond-date crust. Freeze for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve directly from freezer.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit