If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The whole wheat pastry flour from my CSA lets me feel less guilty about how much I enjoy this breakfast. This is a no-frills dutch baby, I can mix it quickly and while it cooks make my coffee and slice some fruit. The original white flour recipe was memorized from a 3x5 card in my mother's recipe box, the whole wheat version came much, much later. —rlsalvati
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- honey (or topping of your choice)
- powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Put the butter in a glass pie plate and place it in the oven.
- While oven preheats and the butter melts, mix the remaining ingredients together. Beat the eggs slightly, then add the flour and salt alternately with the milk.
- When the butter has melted, retrieve the pie plate from the oven. Tip and turn the plate to coat the sides and bottom with the melted butter. Pour the batter into the pan, place back in the oven.
- Bake 20 minutes, until puffy and lightly browned. Transfer to serving plates. Drizzle with honey and sprinkle with a bit of powdered sugar.
More Great Recipes:
Breakfast & Brunch